04. I'm sick of falling in love

As she interrupts my sight,

I beam as if it were the peak of my life.

I got lost in her hypnotising scent and silky hair,

While I searched for a place in her life.


A bump between skins sent my mind on red alert,

But I wished hopelessly for more.

Every conversation felt like birthdays,

Exciting events separated forevermore.

I wonder if she will ever requite my hopeless devotion,

Or if I was damned to be stuck in secret admiration.


I foolishly long for the sight of her,

That even a glimpse would suffice.

I am sick of being stuck in the cycle of forlorn love,

Which ends the same way every single time.

It is as if I were Sisyphus on the mountain,

Pushing my boulder of lovesick passion.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

07. Ideas, thoughts and behaviours that set my foundation in 2026

08. The Testaments by Margaret Atwood, drawing similarities between 1930s Nazi & ICE in 2026 US and more